This delicious dairy free, egg free, nut free, soy free cinnamon roll is what got us started with ENDless Bakery.
In the fall of 2016 we would bring our cinnamon rolls to local farmers markets and we would sell out in a few hours. Customers couldn’t believe they were free from all those allergens.
And now we want to share the recipe with you so you can make them at home. There’s nothing better than freshly-baked, gooey rolls straight from the oven.
This recipe along with 99 more allergy-friendly favorites will be in our cookbook which will be released in late 2021.
The Original ENDless Bakery Cinnamon Roll
An original recipe by Michelle and Malia Elijah
Makes 12 large or 24 small rolls
- 1 package instant yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
- 1/2 cup raw cane sugar or sugar equivalent
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups all-purpose wheat flour
- 2 plant-based eggs (3 tsp ENER-G egg replacer mixed with 4 Tbsp warm water or flax egg)
- 1/3 cup plant-based butter softened almost melted
- 1 cup plant-based milk, warmed to About 110 degrees
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup plant-based butter softened almost melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk
- 1 Tbsp plant-based butter melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
Conventional oven, Mixing bowl or stand mixer, measuring cups and spoons, microwave or stove for heating liquid, rolling pin, serrated knife, half sheet pan, parchment paper
- Add all dry dough, sugar, flour, salt and yeast to bowl and mix
- Add wet ingredients for dough - milk, butter, and egg replacement to mixing bowl and mix well, kneading with hands or a dough hook in stand mixer until a dough ball comes together.
- Let dough rest for 15 min covered
- Roll dough into a rectangle shape on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4 inch thickness
- Mix filling ingredients- cinnamon and brown sugar, spread butter evenly on surface of rolled out dough and sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture covering completely.
- Roll dough into a log and cut into 12 even rounds using a serrated knife. You can also use floss.
- Place rolls in greased or parchment lined pan and let rise in a warm area covered until double in size (about 45 min)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit while rolls are rising.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Baking time may vary.
- Make icing by mixing powdered sugar, milk, melted butter, vanilla and salt together.
- Spread icing all over warm rolls.
- Indulge and enjoy!
Note: For a gluten-free, top 8 free recipe, use 3.5 cups of a gluten free measure for measure flour mix with xanthan gum (like King Arthur measure for measure) or a gluten free bread mix. For dough use 3 cups (measure by spooning into cup and leveling off) and reserve the half cup flour for dusting and rolling out the dough. The dough will have a sticky consistency and you will need some extra flour for dusting rolling out. Using parchment or wax paper and gloves can help.